Te Whare Tū Kainga o Ngāti Rēhia
Ngāti Rēhia Housing Services
Empowering Communities Through Housing Initiatives
Our housing portfolio is dedicated to ensuring that every member of Ngāti Rēhia, whether residing within Te Riu or beyond, has access to housing that nurtures their health, wellbeing, and aspirations. Our approach encompasses various housing projects:
- Kaumātua/Kuia Housing Development: Focused on providing comfortable and secure housing for our elders, respecting their needs and dignity.
- Papakāinga Housing Development: Encouraging community living with a focus on shared values and support.
- Residential Housing Development: Creating quality housing options for families and individuals.
- Renovation/Upgrades: Updating existing structures to meet modern living standards.
- Property Investment: Strategically investing in properties to support long-term housing goals.
- Community Housing Provider (CHP): Ensuring accessible housing solutions for all community members.
- Hapū Housing Navigator: Personalized assistance in navigating housing options and resources.
Expression of Interest - Your Housing Journey
Expression of Interest
Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Rēhia has been working hard to provide our hāpu membership and community with the best support possible for many years. This support has been in areas of education, health and social wellbeing. Unfortunately, a large portion of our members are locked out of well-located homes. Currently only a tiny fraction of Ngāti Rēhia live in Kerikeri township.
In order to better meet the housing needs of whānau, we need to gain a better understanding of your housing situation and what stage you’re at in your housing journey. With this knowledge and depending on your housing needs, we can get into a better position to advocate on your behalf, potentially provide housing or provide assistance with any housing endeavours you may be undertaking.
We are dedicated to ensuring that whanau of our hāpu have access to the best housing opportunities available, so we invite you to share your story with us. We strongly encourage whānau to complete this short questionnaire even if they feel they are not in a position to start their housing journey. It is only through gathering this kind of information that we can adequately support our people’s housing needs.
Click here to complete form